TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Sophie’s Pet Care Limited Terms and Conditions of Business Revision Version 2.1. 05012019
Terms and Conditions
The Terms and Conditions set out an agreement between you ‘the Owner’ and Sophie's Pet Care® Limited.
1. Signature of this document will confirm the Owner's acceptance of the Terms and Conditions and their desire to progress with a Booking.
2. Sophie's Pet Care Limited® will meet you and your pet to discuss your needs and requirements. This initial assessment is free of charge. If you need to reschedule for any reason, please provide 24 hours notice. Any additional meetings may be charged.
3. Dogs cared for by Sophie's Pet Care® Limited in any capacity must be up to date with their vaccinations, worming and flea treatments. Sophie's Pet Care® Limited reserves the right not to accept aggressive or overly boisterous dogs or decline booking requests at their sole discretion.
4. Should a member of staff or associate from Sophie's Pet Care® Limited or any of the other pets being cared for at the time, be bitten or otherwise exposed to any disease received from the Owner’s pet, the Owner shall be responsible for payment of all veterinary bills, treatment for the staff member and other costs incurred.
5. The utmost care will be given in caring for your pet(s). However, due to the extreme unpredictability of animals, Sophie's Pet Care® Limited will not be held liable by the Owner for the disappearance, death of or injury of pets or animals. It is the responsibility of the Owner to ensure that their pet is microchipped and wearing an ID tag.
6. Sophie's Pet Care® Limited has insurance which covers public liability to animals in care, custody or control and bodily injury to a third party persons arising out of their activities. However Sophie's Pet Care® Limited and its staff and associates cannot be held responsible for any injury or fatality of a pet whilst in their care.
7. It is the responsibility of the Owner to inform their own insurers that Sophie's Pet Care® Limited have been engaged to provide walking services, and cannot be held responsible for accidental damage caused by a staff member or any associate in the course of providing pet care.
8. The Owner undertakes to disclose information which might impact on the safety of Sophie’s Pet Care® Limited and the care of the pets including, but not limited to, behavioural or health matters, anti-social behaviour including aggression, separation anxiety, destructive behaviour, excessive pulling on the lead, propensity to run away on walks or from the home/garden, incontinence, phobias or fears, excessively loud barking or whining etc.
The Owner must provide Sophie’s Pet Care® Limited with the name and contact number of someone with authority to make decisions relating to the pet(s) care in an emergency. During such an emergency, if the emergency contact is not available or their details have not been provided, the Owner hereby authorises Sophie’s Pet Care® Limited to: transport the pet(s) to a listed veterinarian or request on-site treatment from a veterinarian or transport the pet(s) to an emergency clinic if the previous two options are not feasible. In the event of an action being undertaken the Owner agrees that Sophie’s Pet Care® Limited may use its/his/her sole discretion in choosing the best care option for the pet(s) and that the Sophie’s Pet Care® Limited cannot be held liable for any injury or death of the pet(s). The Owner is responsible for any veterinary bills, no matter how they are incurred, whilst the pet(s) are in the care of Sophie’s Pet Care® Limited.
10. Payment and Cancellation of Walking and Home Visit Services.
Payment of any invoice is due on receipt. We do not charge for cancellations with adequate notice. However, cancellations made with less than 72 hours notice will be charged the full value of that service.
If you are unsure about any of the above points then please contact us prior to making a Booking.